SensioLabs is 10 years old today. The creator of Symfony has been officially created as a company on June 27th 2012. After 10 years of success and the rapid growth of Symfony, SensioLabs continues its journey as part of the Smile group.
In 10 years, SensioLabs has backed the unbelievable success story of the PHP Open-Source framework Symfony. Now, Symfony has been downloaded billions of times. It is one of the main Open-Source projects in the world. It fuels a vast ecosystem of CMS (Drupal, Joomla, Ibexa, etc.), e-commerce projects (Magento, Sylius, Shopware, etc.), PIMs, SDKs, and many others.
As the creator of Symfony, SensioLabs supports companies working with PHP and Symfony. Thanks to its consulting, expertise, services, training, and support offer, SensioLabs makes developers’ life easier and secures the success of web and application projects.
10 years of SensioLabs in 10 milestones
In short, here is SensioLabs in 10 key events:
- June 27, 2012: SensioLabs becomes a company.
- December 10-14, 2013: 1st SymfonyCon in Warsaw.
- December 16, 2013: SensioLabs raises 5 M€ in series A with CM-CIC.
- September 2014: SensioLabs launches a MOOC on Symfony with OpenClassrooms.
- 2015: SensioLabs signs its 50th partnership.
- 2017: SensioLabs wins awards (IE-Club, Paris Open Source Summit) and joins prestigious rankings (FT 1,000 Europe’s Fastest-Growing Companies, Frenchweb, etc.).
- January 2018: Split between SensioLabs (expertise, services, training), Blackfire (SaaS software), and Symfony SAS (conferences, SymfonyInsight, SymfonyCloud).
- July 4, 2018: SensioLabs celebrates Sensio’s 20th anniversary.
- January 8, 2019: Alliance between SensioLabs and the Smile Group, the European market leader in digital Open-Source.
- April 5-8, 2022: SensioLabs supports the comeback of in-person Symfony conferences as a Diamond sponsor of SymfonyLive Paris 2022.
The SensioLabs journey continues
We are grateful to our customers, partners, and the amazing Symfony community for their trust. And, of course, the entire SensioLabs team, including our Alumni, without whom nothing would have been possible. Thank you for these 10 years of growth, challenging technical projects on PHP and Symfony, and fun with lots of great memories!
Can’ t wait to see what the next 10 years have in store for us.
See you in 10 years!